From concept to completion – Our proven process
Beginning with a full analysis of your mission requirements, our process is based on a simplified approach to cost control, program management and schedule adherence. At every stage, we achieve a unique level of vertical integration - providing capability in aspects ranging from requirements and structural analysis, to platform and mission suite selection, to design and substantiation.
There is virtually no special aviation need that Field Aviation engineers and designers can't provide. Best of all, because we are not aligned with any particular mission system or equipment provider, we're able to provide a truly objective recommendation and follow up with solutions that exceed your requirements.
All of our Special Mission modifications are backed by extensive ground and flight testing, as well as full certification, delivery and the most comprehensive in-service support.
Here's just an example of the modifications we perform to convert a basic commercial aircraft into a Special Mission aircraft:
Mission Suite Design & Integration
- Radar, FLIR, Datalink, SatCom, TACAN, MMS, ESM, SPS
Avionics Development & Upgrade
- Specialized communications, GPS, FMS, EGPWS, WASS and digital cockpit, Electronic Flight Bag
- Consoles, observation windows, galley and lavatory relocations and reconfigurations, rest areas
- Air operable door, drop hatch
Fuselage and wing hard points
APU, LR tanks
Airframe System Modifications
- Electrical power, heating and cooling, lighting