The Dash 8 Cockpit Upgrade
The classic Dash 8 aircraft with many years left in service remains an irreplaceable airframe with exceptional efficiencies. Yet as we move forward into the future the need for a modernized flight deck has become increasingly apparent. Field Aviation, known as a world leader in Dash 8 enhancements, is once again joining forces with Universal Avionics providing a safe and profitable future for this legendary aircraft.
Through Innovation and more than 60 years of experience, this targeted Q2 2010 STC will be applicable to all classic Dash 8 aircraft models and will consist of five Universal Avionics EFI-890R, High Definition LCD flat panel displays, with Vision-1 Synthetic Vision. This flight deck modification will be fully designed, integrated and approved by Field Aviation and will subsequently be available in kit form for worldwide fitment.
Operational Requirement Solutions
- Safety (exceptional situational awareness)
- Security (multiple sensor inputs)
- Expansion Capability (for regulatory implementation)
- Approach Plates and Charts (optional electronic charts)
- Special Mission Capabilities (several configurable options)
Operational Efficiency Benefits
- Decreased Operational Cost (high reliability / dispatch ability)
- Decreased Aircraft Ownership (reduced LRUs / management costs)
- Modernized Flight Deck (increased aircraft value / extended flight deck life)
- Leading Edge Technology (attracts technical pilots / staff)
- Obtain Fleet Commonality (provides training consolidation)